International TE

Thomas Magill tmagill at providecommerce.com
Thu Apr 29 13:43:48 UTC 2010

I am interested in only accepting international traffic from one of our
secondary providers only.  Most providers I have dealt with have a TE
community list which allows me to prepend or not not advertise to their
upstream peers.  However, my primary provider does not have this.  My
goal is to not advertise internationally through this provider.  I am
considering just setting the communities for my provider's upstream
peers (about 7 of them) to tell them to not advertise internationally.
I am also trying to get my primary provider to implement this
functionality.

Are there any better ways to do this?  Also, if anyone has a
consolidated list of provider TE communities that would be a great
resource.

Thomas Magill
Network Engineer

Office: (858) 909-3777