[Nanog] Re: IPv6 rDNS - how will it be done?

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Wed Apr 28 01:19:21 UTC 2010

On 4/27/2010 19:50, Richard Barnes wrote:
> Naïve question: If you used macro expansion, wouldn't you end up
> providing responses for a lot of addresses that aren't in use?  Maybe
> that's not a problem?

If you get a request, you will have to respond in any case.

I have a theory about data-base lookups--finding something is always
faster than not finding anything, unless you are using a human brain.

(A human brain can respond "I don't know that" without an inventory of
everything it does know.)

(That may be to only truly unique thing about humans.  And no, I have
not kept up with neural networks work.)

--
Somebody should have said:
A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting
the vote.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca