IPAM

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Mon Apr 26 15:57:49 UTC 2010

I'm wondering what the service providers are using for IPAM.  We are looking
at having to manage both v4 and v6 address space and delegate internally to
other people.

I've looked at infoblox, but we can't justify spending 400k at this point.
It's a lovely solution though.

Lucent has/had a product too, but having used it before it sucks.  It's also
about 5x the cost of the info blox solution, and I'd rather not run solaris or
windows in production.

Is anyone running IPplan? http://iptrack.sourceforge.net/  I looked at it
before, and at the time it's support of V6 was lacking.  Is anyone running
this in a SP environment with v6?

Any other OSS tools for this people are using?
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
727-214-2508 - Fax