[Re: http://tools.ietf.org/search/draft-hain-ipv6-ulac-01]

Mark Smith nanog at 85d5b20a518b8f6864949bd940457dc124746ddc.nosense.org
Sun Apr 25 22:50:33 UTC 2010

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 13:21:16 -0400
Richard Barnes <richard.barnes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Moreover, the general point stands that Mark's problem is one of bad
> ISP decisions, not anything different between IPv4/RFC1918 and IPv6.

My example, although a bit convoluted to demonstrate a point, is about
robustness against Internet link failure. I don't think people's
internal connectivity should be dependent on their Internet link being
available and being assigned global address space. That's what the
global only people are saying.

(how is the customer going to access the CPE webserver to enter ISP
login details when they get the CPE out of the box, if hasn't got
address space because it hasn't connected to the ISP ...)