Connectivity to an IPv6-only site

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Fri Apr 23 14:37:50 UTC 2010

On 4/23/2010 02:57, Steve Bertrand wrote:

>>> knows the site.
>>
>> I should point out that I am really stupid about v6--I don't know if I
>> should be able to find a nameserver or not.
>
> Has nothing to do about being stupid... let's rephrase your statement
> and put a positive spin on it as such:
>
> "I've heard about IPv6, but don't know very much about it. I think that
> I should know more, but am a bit confused as to where to begin. What do
> I do first?".

You are too kind.  Since I no longer administer a network, I've gotten
lazy about keeping up with developments.

And that is stupid.

> Then I'd say:
>
> "As a start, go to http://www.getipv6.info/index.php/Main_Page . If that
> doesn't get you going, then let the rest of the community start posting
> the resources that they know about, ranging from beginner up to the
> advanced.".

Good and useful advice.

But the message I meant to convey at 0300 in a rainy morning when I
couldn't sleep was "I don't know if a Windows XP (SP3, current patches)
on a Cox Cable connection _should_ be able to connect, but my machine
reported that it couldn't even *find* a name-server for the site."

--
Somebody should have said:
A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting
the vote.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca