Hotmail bouncing email

Greg Estabrooks nanog at phaze.org
Fri Apr 23 14:09:49 UTC 2010

Is anyone  else out there getting reports of hotmail randomly bouncing
emails with just a message of "failed"?

Over the last 2 weeks we've had a dozens of complaints of hosting
customers spanning dozens of domains not receiving emails from hotmail
users.  Checking our logs shows the messages were never even attempted
to be delivered and all forwarded in bounce messages literally just say
"Delivery failed", yet we are still happily processing thousands of
other emails from hotmail everyday.

Now I'm wondering if this is restricted to us in someway or part of a
larger problem.