Rate of growth on IPv6 not fast enough?

joel jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Wed Apr 21 02:04:12 UTC 2010

On 4/20/2010 6:34 PM, Karl Auer wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-04-20 at 12:59 -0700, Owen DeLong wrote:
>> On Apr 20, 2010, at 12:31 PM, Roger Marquis wrote:
>>> NAT _always_ fails-closed

I love this statement particularly in the context of enterprise networks...

When you pop the label off an l3 vpn or pseudo wire in the wrong place
where does the packet go? Does one even know? does the outside network
have overlapping addresses with the inside one, does it have a default
route? is there filtering?

Is it an opportunity for information leakage?

How many parallel networks with overlapping private addressing domains
are there on router? your your l3 vpn providers routers? How far will a
private address get you when it leaks. These sorts of things I wonder
about when I contemplate doing syslog on a q-in-q vlan over a vpls.