Rate of growth on IPv6 not fast enough?

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Apr 21 00:58:21 UTC 2010

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010, Chris Adams wrote:

> than PCs all the time, such as network printers (which have a very
> spotty security record, especially on the cheap end) and disk servers.
> Network devices like that _can't_ just block all access.

Windows XP SP2 and later has the concept of different "zones" (or whatever
it's called) where it'll allow things from the local subnet but not from
outside of it, if you tell it so. I know people who configure their
network printers without default gw to handle their spotty security.

I do think the home router should have a stateful firewall and according
to what I see in the IETF, this is going to be the recommendation for an
IPv6 enabled home gateway.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se