Rate of growth on IPv6 not fast enough?

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Wed Apr 21 00:36:59 UTC 2010

Roger Marquis wrote:
> Thing is, neither of these cheap CPE has UPNP enabled, which leads me to
> question whether claims regarding large numbers of serverless multi-user
> game users are accurate.

I'd say it's a question for m$. I've seen it break, I've had to
reprogram older cpe's that didn't have uPNP enabled to get customers
working. I base my assertions on personal experience of managing a
medium sized ISP.

> I should have been clearer, apologies.  WRT LSN, there is no reason
> individual users couldn't upgrade to a static IP for their insecurely
> designed multi-user games, and no reason to suspect John Levine's ISP is
> not representative with 0.16% of its users requesting upgrades.

It's not representative of my ISP, though my 30,000 consumers (we'll
ignore more business accounts) may be too small to be indicative of
larger networks.

Jack