Rate of growth on IPv6 not fast enough?

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Tue Apr 20 13:59:10 UTC 2010

Joe Greco wrote:

> And what'll you do for your customers when you have no more IPv4
> addresses?

IPv6, request IPv4 from my transit providers, buy a small ISP that has
IPv4 address, consolidate my own IP addressing much tighter, butchering
the clean allocations and routing table.

Quit selling new IPv4 services. I will NOT do NAT over a customer base,
ever, ever, ever, ever again. Did that when we were small. The hardware
upgrades required to even hope to do that would make it better to just
quit accepting new customers.

Jack