OT: old farts recollecting -- Re: ASR1002

James Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 23:26:52 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 9:52 AM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 08:01:50 CST, Jorge Amodio said:
>> Ohh yeah, now we can send sort of a telegram with multiple fonts and
>> colors almost from anywhere...
> At least it doesn't do <blink>BLINK</blink> ;)

Oh  SMS/MMS  do a few things that make  blink tags look utterly benign...
http://www.dreamfabric.com/sms/alert.html

May be possible to send as a flash message that immediately displays
blinking,  and that depending on phone, the recipient doesn't get any
option to control or save,  e.g.  forced to read before doing anything
else, no history or storage of message text once read.

But mail readers with javascript and animated GIFs still have them beat overall.

E-Mail readers / text message readers  epidemically trust the sender
too much sometimes,  thinking the recipient would rather be annoyed by
more rich content (or pwned) than disappointed that rich content shows
as plain text.

--
-J