Senderbase is offbase, need some help

Mike mike-nanog at tiedyenetworks.com
Fri Apr 16 22:25:33 UTC 2010

Gang,

    I've tried to get the attention of senderbase, which is claiming
activity from my address space which is in fact either un-routed or
within dynamic subscriber blocks that have outbound smtp filtering in
effect. Unfortunately, senderbase refuses to acknowledge the problem in
their database nor back up their claims with any evidence to the
contrary other than these ips are listed in their database and that's
that. I realise this may not strictly be the domain of nanog but I would
think that quality of services such like senderbase, as measured in both
false positives as well as their abillity to act on them, would be,
since many here use and depend on these services. I don't understand how
or why senderbase would list unrouted address space and further give me
grief over the reporting of it "Unless the daily volume magnitude shows
something > 1, I would not be too worried", but accuracy counts and you
won't have my business unless you can demonstrate some.

Mike-