Router for Metro Ethernet

Andrey Khomyakov khomyakov.andrey at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 16:04:51 UTC 2010

I'd like to see the actual benchmarks. Something similar to
routerperformance.pdf spreadsheet, but something more recent. Seems like
those resources are alone available for partners.
I've been following this thread, but no one has pointed out any
documentation yet. Just speculation and personal experiences.

Here is what Kapela sent me
http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf

And I also found
http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/765/tools/quickreference/switchperformance.pdf

But coincidentally, I'm trying to spec out some gear to terminate 100Mbps
metro eth and am wondering how a 4503 with a Sup6 will do (i have that on
shelf) or a 4900m with QoS enabled and so on. Or do I need to actually get a
proper router for that.

I can't find any info on that.

Does anyone have any resources that you use to make these decisions?

Andrey

--
Andrey Khomyakov
[khomyakov.andrey at gmail.com]