Mikrotik RouterOS

Positively Optimistic positivelyoptimistic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 20:05:57 UTC 2010

We use mikrotik in several enterprise networks and on our carrier ethernet
network.   We use their routerboard products as CPE in a lot of customer
environments.

They have a failure rate..  as does Cisco, Adtran, etc.   IMHO, any device
that depends on a wall wart for a power supply, is subject to occasional
failure..  However, we've had as many adtran total access products fail as
we've had mikrotik routerboards fail..

The powerrouter product that Dennis has referred to, although he may be more
biased than I, is a solid product that I personally feel is carrier grade.
Especially with redundant power or a DC power option..   I'm far from an
expert in cisco or mikrotik, however, to accomplish the same end result with
Cisco that is possible with Mikrotik, the cost is exponentially greater,..

Disclaimer..
I have zero financial interest in Mikrotik. Simply a loyal customer.