FCC dealt major blow in net neutrality ruling favoring, Comcast

David Andersen dga at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Apr 12 19:36:02 UTC 2010

On Apr 12, 2010, at 3:08 PM, Paul WALL wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Richard Bennett <richard at bennett.com> wrote:
>> One of the things I like about e-mail lists is learning things about myself
>> that I never knew before, especially regarding my occupation. For the last 9
>> months or so I've been working part-time with a Washington think tank in an
>> analyst capacity, not as a lobbyist, and not on the Comcast payroll.
>
> You neglected to mention that the "think tank" (where I'm from in
> Houston, we call them lobbys) is funded by Comcast, among other big
> cable/telecom players.

In fairness to to the ITIF (his current employer), they're well-respected in their core area, studying innovation policy.  I've seen some of the work done by Rob Atkinson (full disclosure:  Rob is currently visiting my university giving a talk), and it's good.

That said, I dislike strongly Richard's M.O. of trying to stir up hornets nests by playing the fool/troll in order to get NANOG and other venues to do his job for him, and I hope this statement doesn't come across as a defense of that.  I've already plonked him.

</off topic>

  -Dave