Router for Metro Ethernet

Bill Stewart nonobvious at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 18:27:14 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Dylan Ebner <dylan.ebner at crlmed.com> wrote:
> However, this router also has 2 100mb connections from local lans that it is also terminiating.
> For our 100mb metro e connections we use 3845s. The 100 mb service terminates into NM-GEs, which have a faster throughput than the hwics.

Be careful using 3845s for 100 Mbps connections or above - Cisco rates
them at 45 Mbps (and 3825 at half of that) but last time I checked
doesn't make any promises at faster than T3.  They're being
conservative about it, but one thing that really can burn the
horsepower is traffic shaping, which you need with some MetroE
carriers.

--
----
             Thanks;     Bill

Note that this isn't my regular email account - It's still experimental so far.
And Google probably logs and indexes everything you send it.