Seeking Amazon EC2 abuse contact

Erik L erik_list at caneris.com
Mon Apr 12 13:05:09 UTC 2010

Michael,

I've received numerous off-list responses yesterday. Most of them were asking if I've made contact with anyone there as they were being attacked as well. One gentleman who works at AWS (but not EC2 abuse) promised to forward my e-mail to them. I've also been reading the asterisk-users list where many have reported attacks from Amazon EC2 as well over the past few days.

At one point we were seeing 197 SIP brute force attempts per second against a customer's box. The intensity in terms of bandwidth is low, but if you do the math, you can see that this isn't the point.

This morning I received an e-mail from Amazon which was basically the same as the one you received. The attack is still on-going and I've still not made contact with a human at Amazon.

Erik