32 bits ASN on Cisco

Gary T. Giesen giesen at snickers.org
Sun Apr 11 16:44:43 UTC 2010

There's quite a bit of hardware that does support it, including JunOS
since 9.1 (I believe). But there's still a few lagging platforms
(especially on the Cisco side) that does not yet support it.  IOS 15
does indeed support it, so there is support for it in mainline code on
the smaller routers. It's just that a few key platforms are still
missing it (or the code is too new to be useful). Keep in mind, the
2500's and I believe the 2600's have been EOL'd for quite some time
now, so you will never likely see support for those platforms.

GG