Cheers to the Communication Committee [was: Likely /8 Scenario - Carriers will TAKE what they want ?]

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Thu Apr 8 22:49:46 UTC 2010

[Reply-to set.]

On Apr 8, 2010, at 6:39 PM, Michael Dillon wrote:

>> I guarantee you the Communications Committee is on the job.  What's more, they are doing a GREAT job - for no money and apparently no gratitude.  It is worse than thankless, no matter what they do they will be derided.  Filter someone and they get flamed.  Leave someone allowed to post and they get reamed.  I'm shocked anyone would actually want the job.
>
> So why can't the Communications Committee do a little communicating.

What would you have them say?  I am not at all certain commenting publicly on individual posters is a good idea.  So should they say "yeah, we've read the blather too, and we're .. uh .. " what?

Also, the CC is required to at least skim every post.  So believe me, they know what is happening - more than most since they can't plonk the k00ks.

Oh, and feeding the trolls only makes their job harder.  Perhaps you could pitch in by resisting temptation?  Perhaps ALL of you could pitch in? :)

--
TTFN,
patrick