ARIN IP6 policy for those with legacy IP4 Space

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Thu Apr 8 16:00:37 UTC 2010

> Is this just an argument about the money? Or, are there other issues
> ("you agree that we can revoke your allocation at any time, for any
> reason, as we see fit")?

I'd be curious to know what the justification for such a policy would
be under v6.  Even if space were obtained under false pretenses, the
cost of reclaiming it (in terms of lawsuits, etc) is essentially being
shoveled onto the shoulders of others who have received allocations.

It seems like you could run an RIR more cheaply by simply handing out
the space fairly liberally, which would have the added benefit of
encouraging v6 adoption.  The lack of a need for onerous contractual
clauses as suggested above, combined with less overhead costs, ought
to make v6 really cheap.

... JG