ARIN IP6 policy for those with legacy IP4 Space

Antonio Querubin tony at lava.net
Thu Apr 8 04:28:02 UTC 2010

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010, Kevin Stange wrote:

> How much IPv6 address space were they expecting?  I have trouble
> envisioning any operation that could require more than a /32 immediately
> that can't afford to pay $4500 per YEAR.

Amount of address space wasn't the problem.  The application was actually
approved by ARIN.  However, fighting for a line in the budget for the
unexpected fee(s) and the prospect of having to push the RSA through state
government lawyers was enough to dissuade them that IPv6 just wasn't
important enough at this time.

Antonio Querubin
808-545-5282 x3003
e-mail/xmpp:  tony at lava.net