what about 48 bits?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Apr 6 19:53:00 UTC 2010

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

>> Until you buy 25 cards with the same MAC address and deploy them all across
>> your enterprise
>
> I don't think that's possible given that Jon was suggesting.

Given what I was suggesting, no...but there have been multiple cases of a
vendor screwing up and producing large runs of devices/cards all with the
same MAC address.  IIRC, there was a batch of Netgear PCI NICs where you
might find all the NICs in a multipack box had the same MAC address.

  Jon Lewis                   |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |