legacy /8

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Mon Apr 5 22:49:17 UTC 2010

On 2010.04.05 09:20, Steve Bertrand wrote:
> On 2010.04.02 19:29, John Palmer (NANOG Acct) wrote:

>> Was looking for the "allocated" file on the ARIN website, but can't
>> remember
>> where it is. They used to have a file with one line per allocation that
>> started
>> like this "arin|US|ipv4".  Is that still public somewhere?
>
> If you are looking for what blocks have been allocated to ARIN by IANA,
> the file is maintained on the IANA site:
>
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space/

After digging a little bit more, and to further my own post, ARIN does
maintain a list within its website that contains its IANA allocated
blocks for both IPv4 and IPv6:

https://www.arin.net/knowledge/ip_blocks.html

After a quick review, it seems as though there are numerous blocks left
out of this list when comparing it to the aforementioned IANA list.
Perhaps it is due to certain blocks being legacy (?).

If ARIN does have a single text file, I haven't found it. Should be
trivial to copy/dump though.

Steve