Wireless bridge

Bret Clark bclark at spectraaccess.com
Mon Apr 5 18:01:58 UTC 2010

   Peter Boone wrote:

I purchased 2x Ubiquity Bullet2's (2.4 GHz) and utilized our existing
antennas. It has been working extremely well, pushing a stable 54 Mbps over
the link without issue. Signal strength is consistently -40 dBm +/- 2 dBm,
from about -80 dBm before! Total cost included 2x Bullets, 2x PoE adaptors,
and approx 40 ft of STP cat5: $120. I have yet to see what happens in a big
thunderstorm, but I extrapolate that they will be able to handle the EMP
without going haywire like before. They have worked very well through
conditions that our last setup would not.

Thanks again for the input everyone!

Peter

   More an FYI as I'm not overly familiar with Ubiquity's, but I believe
   -40dBm is kind of a hot signal which means they are screaming at each
   other, are you seeing any physical errors, specifically CRC's?. Won't
   necessarily affect overall throughput, but -60dBm is the sweet
   spot...too much of a signal is just as bad as not enough...sort of like
   that Sienfield episode of the the close talker :).
   Bret