legacy /8

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Sun Apr 4 13:30:38 UTC 2010

* Michael Dillon

> Do you have an actual example of a vendor, today, charging a higher
> license fee for IPv6 support?

Juniper.  If you want to run OSPFv3 on their layer 3 switches, you need
a quite expensive "advanced" licence.  OSPFv2, on the other hand, is
included in the base licence.

Our IPv6 topology is largely based on static routes because of this.
There's no customers that are willing to pay extra for IPv6 support at
the moment, hence we cannot justify the extra cost of the licences.  It
sucks.  I hope Juniper will come to their senses soon.

BR,
--
Tore Anderson
Redpill Linpro AS - http://www.redpill-linpro.com/