legacy /8

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sun Apr 4 04:12:45 UTC 2010

On Apr 3, 2010, at 2:49 PM, Zaid Ali wrote:

> They are not glowing because applications are simply not moving to IPv6.
> Google has two popular applications on IPv6, Netflix is on it way there but
> what are other application companies doing about it? A popular application
> like e-mail is so far behind [ref:
> http://eng.genius.com/blog/2009/09/14/email-on-ipv6/] and I still encounter
> registrar's providing DNS service not supporting Quad A's.

Uh, netflix seems fully functional to me on IPv6.  What do you think is missing?

The registrar problem is definitely real... I'm having tremendous difficulty with
OpenSRS. (If anyone from OpenSRS is listening, please fix this!!)

My email seems to work fine dual-stacked when I haven't borked the
router.

> I feel talking to network operators is preaching to the choir, the challenge
> is helping content providers think about moving to IPv6.

Indeed.

Owen