Books for the NOC guys...

Michael Dillon wavetossed at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 2 20:08:03 UTC 2010

>> In short: less zealotry, more pragmatism and a realisation that each
>> language has its own strengths and weaknesses.  Bad code is bad code in
>> any
>> language.
>
> All true, but I'd still say there's a special rung in hell for bad perl.

And it is exacerbated by the huge volume of bad PERL books out there and the
fact that entry level NOC monkeys often get the idea that PERL is cool and
therefore learn it as their first and only language without a lot of critical
thinking.

Also, please note that the original request was for books, or in other words
documents containing guidance. I supplied the name of such a document
providing guidance using Python.

If someone wanted to play the game and trump me, then they would
quote the title of another book, or at least a substantial website tutorial,
that uses another programming language.

--Michael Dillon