Books for the NOC guys...

Howard C. Berkowitz hcb at netcases.net
Fri Apr 2 18:00:50 UTC 2010

Well, speaking as one who wrote an ISP-specific, although not NOC-specific book about a
decade ago, it doesn't seem as if there is a commercial motivation to update them. For the
record, it's _Building Service Provider Networks_ (Wiley, 2001), and I'm proud of it.

Nevertheless, I'm not opposed to trying to create updated open-source guidance.  I do a
good deal of work with http://en.citizendium.org, a real-name Wiki that is trying to reach
critical mass. Anybody interested in collaborating?

I'd actually started more on RPSL and peering than first-tier ops, but hadn't done
anything more for lack of activity there. Certainly, I could port some of my NANOG
tutorials, not that I have the PPT for many but just the PDF.