Home CPE choice

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Apr 1 06:09:51 UTC 2010

Having significant experience with all three products, I will strongly suggest
going with the SRX-100 if at all possible.  It's real JunOS, even if it does take
a bit of bludgeoning to get it to stop impersonating a netscreen security model.

It's the same price the NS5GTs used to sell for ~$5-600 (512MB/1G) and has
a great deal more to offer (like fully functional routing protocols and JunOS
configuration environment).

Most of the NS5GTs I ever deployed in always-on environments didn't last
more than about 3-4 years.  The SSG-5s I've dealt with haven't started
dying yet, but, most of them are only about 2 years old.

Owen