100% want IPv6 - Was: New Linksys CPE, IPv6 ?

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Thu Apr 1 14:13:20 UTC 2010

On 3/31/2010 22:12, Dan White wrote:
> On 31/03/10 22:14 -0300, jim deleskie wrote:
>> I'm a real life user, I know the difference and I could careless about
>> v6.  most anything I want I is on v4 and will still be there long
>> after ( when ever it is) we run out of v4 addresses.  If I'm on a
>
>  From a content perspective, you may be right. Those with a quickly
> dwindling supply of v4 addresses will most likely use what they have left
> for business customers, and for content.
>
> However, there will be a time when a significant number of
> customers will not be able to access your content.
>
>> content provider and I'm putting something new online I want everyone
>> to see, they will find  away for all of us with v4 and credit cards to
>> see it, and not be so worried about developing countries or the sub 5%
>> of people in developed countries for now.  I'm sure @ some point v6

There is an indication here of the fault that is present in way too much
of the world.

We have here another example of
[engineers|elites|experts|people-with-soap-boxes] think something is a
good idea THEREFORE "Everybody wants it".

My rant here needs refurbishment to account for wireless connections,
but I've gotten a lot of mileage out of it.

Most people of the world want something to eat.  Omitting all of the
intermediate steps, the few that have all of their other needs taken
care of want smart wall paper.

Most care not a whit how the wallpaper does it, they just want when the
plug a lamp into it to get light.  A toaster, warmed bread.  A computer,
to be able to exchange email, read the news, watch pornography, or play
games.
--
Democracy: Three wolves and a sheep voting on the dinner menu.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information:  http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs