ALTDB Problems

Steve Rubin ser at tch.org
Wed Oct 28 23:54:50 UTC 2009

On Oct 28, 2009, at 3:53 PM, christian koch wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Steve Rubin <ser at tch.org> wrote:
>
> ALTDB is free and you get what you pay for.
>
> However.  Donations to http://www.nanog.org/scholarships/abha.php
> would probably get requests done a lot faster.
>

> --
> Steve Rubin                / AE6CH   /   http://www.altdb.net/
> Email: ser at tch.org  /  N6441C  /   http://www.tch.org/~ser/
>

> so, each time someone wants to update they need to donate to make
> sure it gets processed in a timely matter?
>
> or do you track who donates and give priority to their updates?
>
> dont get me wrong - its a great cause, and people should donate if
> they can
>
> if the project is short of volunteers - i'm sure there are people in
> the community who would not mind helping out
>

> -ck

No, every update does not require a donation.  In fact, very little of
what goes on on the database requires my intervention at all.
Only new maintainers and a few other bits of administrivia require
that.  Right now I am very busy and do not have time to deal with
things at the speed required by some people.   As I have always said,
"if you require immediate support I recommend the very fine RADB
service run by Merit."