Redundant Data Center Architectures

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Wed Oct 28 17:38:29 UTC 2009

On Oct 28, 2009, at 8:26 PM, Stefan Fouant wrote:

> I'm wondering what are the growing trends in connecting Data Centers
> for redundancy in DR/COOP environments.

'DR' is an obsolete 40-year-old mainframe concept; it never works, as
funding/testing/scaling of the 'backup' systems is never adequate and/
or allowed.

Layer-2 between sites is evil, as well.

Layer-3-independence and active/active/etc. is where it's at in terms
of high availability in the 21st Century.  GSLB, et. al.

Sorry, sometimes I mistake your existential crises for technical
insights.

			-- xkcd #625