dealing with bogon spam ?

Chris Hills chaz at chaz6.com
Wed Oct 28 15:23:19 UTC 2009

On 28/10/09 00:57, Leslie wrote:
> How have you dealt with this issue? Does anyone publish a more granular
> listing of unallocated space? Does arin have this information somewhere
> other than just probing any given ip via whois?

You can at least get a list of all the allocated blocks. Presumably
anything not allocated is unallocated and is a candidate for blocking.

for rir in afrinic apnic arin lacnic ripencc; do wget
ftp://ftp.ripe.net/pub/stats/$rir/delegated-$rir-latest; done

These are updated daily and include both IPv4 and IPv6 allocations.

Now, what I would really like is an arin version of ripe.db.inetnum.gz :-)