Alcatel-Lucent VPN Firewall Brick

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 21:29:23 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Justin M. Streiner
<streiner at cluebyfour.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Oct 2009, Jay Nakamura wrote:
>
>> Looking for input on Alcatel-Lucent VPN Firewall Brick.  I can look up
>> spec and other published information but, as always, the devil is in
>> the detail and you just never know what wall you run into until you
>> actually try it so I wanted to see if anyone has used this and can
>> point out good/bad things about this device.
>>
>> Our other option is Cisco IOS router right now.  Are there better
>> options than these two?
>
> Fair warning: v6 honestly seems to have caught most firewall vendors with
> their pants down.

I'm not really sure that in the year 2009 that's a fair thing to still
expect... honestly ipv6 has been in 'production' for ~7 years, for a
CPE deployment it's certainly been to the point where it should be
included by default.

-1 alcalu :(

-Chris