Alcatel-Lucent VPN Firewall Brick
operator at etbweb.net
Mon Oct 26 13:24:56 CDT 2009
I am working for a French ISP, we are working with this product in order to
provide a firewall for our VRF customers.
Used to :
* Firewall / NAT for IPV4 VRF
* Rate limit bandwidth & sessions
* A few logging
* ipsec & pptp passthrough
* ugly java interface
Really good feedbacks to provide .
If you need further detail I can share.
De : Jay Nakamura [mailto:zeusdadog at gmail.com]
Envoyé : lundi 26 octobre 2009 16:56
À : NANOG
Objet : Alcatel-Lucent VPN Firewall Brick
Looking for input on Alcatel-Lucent VPN Firewall Brick. I can look up
spec and other published information but, as always, the devil is in
the detail and you just never know what wall you run into until you
actually try it so I wanted to see if anyone has used this and can
point out good/bad things about this device.
Our other option is Cisco IOS router right now. Are there better
options than these two?
If there is a better forum to post this question, my apologies.
Please direct me to the right place. :)
Our goal :
We want to provide managed firewall/VPN for Colo/DIA customers.
Our specific requirements are
- Able to provide VRF/virtual router per customer since address range
can overlap between customers.
- Able to do client based VPN to the inside network. It could be
IPSec or SSL. It has to support Vista/Win7-x64
- Able to do site to site VPN with various devices.(Cisco,
- Can rate limit traffic in and out.
- Control NAT per customer instance.
- Stateful firewall per customer instance.
- Good logging
More information about the NANOG