DMCA takedowns of networks

Shrdlu shrdlu at deaddrop.org
Mon Oct 26 16:11:48 UTC 2009

N. Yaakov Ziskind wrote:

> Jack Bates wrote (on Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 09:52:01AM -0500):

>>John van Oppen wrote:

>>>I think that is a pretty standard procedure.   We generally give our
>>>users 12 hours to remove the content before we null-route the IP...

>>And yet, that may have been exactly what happened. Lack of information
>>always leads to much speculation.

> But, if HE *didn't* do that, why aren't they commenting? Like, on this
> forum, for example? HE ppl seem to know the address of NANOG ...

They aren't commenting (this is an opinion, and I have NO inside
information) because it's a legal matter. Jeeze, people, go on their
reputation. Hurricane Electric are the good guys.

Enough already.

--
Open source should be about giving away things voluntarily. When
you force someone to give you something, it's no longer giving, it's