Simple Change Management Tracking

Duane Waddle duane.waddle at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 11:08:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 5:19 AM, Paul Stewart <pstewart at nexicomgroup.net> wrote:
> Hi folks...
>

> I'm just looking for some feedback ... we are looking for a *really*
> simple Change Management ticket system.  All we want is a system that
> does the following:

Hi Paul,

Have you considered any of these?

[1] Request Tracker --  http://bestpractical.com/ -- Really nice open
source ticketing system

[2] Bugzilla -- http://www.bugzilla.org -- Another nice tool, built
more "for the programmer" then operations.  Used by Mozilla and Redhat
for their bug trackers.

[3] Atlassian JIRA -- http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/ --
Commercial tool, also more developer-centric then operations-centric,
but should be easily adaptable to your needs.  Used by ASF many Apache
subprojects.  Atlassian recently changed their pricing model to
include 10 users for $10.

Of the three, I personally prefer JIRA -- to the point of setting up
one of the $10 systems to keep up with the honey-do list at home.

--D