Simple Change Management Tracking

Bret Clark bclark at spectraaccess.com
Mon Oct 26 10:52:41 UTC 2009

   We use [1]http://www.troubleticketexpress.com/ to do just that. While
   it leans more towards being a customer support system, we've had no
   problem using it as our internal provisioning/network maintenance
   system too.
   Basic, simple and ties into a SQL db.
   Bret
   Paul Stewart wrote:

Hi folks...

I'm just looking for some feedback ... we are looking for a *really*
simple Change Management ticket system.  All we want is a system that
does the following:

Technician opens ticket requesting a network level or server level
change outlining the brief details, severity level and date for work to
be performed.

Senior technical staff/management review and approve/deny

Technician completes change and records information in ticket to have it
closed off.

Ideal would be some kind of email notification option as well.

On the surface, this seems really simple but every option (open source
and commercial) wants to tie this into a MUCH larger package solution
which we don't need.  This is to manage approximately 6 people in a
specific group of the company.

Any input would be appreciated...

Paul

"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which
it is addressed and contains confidential and/or privileged material. If you rec
eived this in error, please contact the sender immediately and then destroy this
 transmission, including all attachments, without copying, distributing or discl
osing same. Thank you."