Interesting Point of view - Russian police and RIPE accused of aiding RBN

a.harrowell at gmail.com a.harrowell at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 09:11:33 UTC 2009

I'd like to apologise in advance for SOCA. Frankly, I am surprised that they are even aware of RIPE or its role in life. They have done so poorly since subsuming the old National Hi-Tech Crime Unit that the other police forces want NHTCU back.

It ought to be superfluous to point out that the only effective action taken against RBN was by the Internet community in getting all their upstreams to null route them. As is blindingly obvious, SOCA would never have been granted a warrant by the Russians.

Pathetic to take it out on RIPE.