ISP/VPN's to China?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Oct 22 09:38:00 UTC 2009

Chris Edwards wrote:

> Doesn't necessarily have to be hugely accurate.  The authorities could
> simply identify a few likely suspect tunnels, then knock-on-doors and ask
> you to explain what the traffic in question is...

Understood.  I guess the angle I was going more for was:  Is this
actually practical to do in a country with almost as many Internet
users as the US has people?

I had always assumed that broad policies and ACLs work in China, but
most forms of DPI and traffic pattern analysis aren't practical simply
for computational feasibility reasons.  Not unless the system were
highly distributed.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems