IPv6 Deployment for the LAN

David Barak thegameiam at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 21 21:00:39 UTC 2009

----- Original Message ----
>From: Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
>Then again, if we remove all the improvements from IPv6 what's the point of adopting it?

How about "IPv4 address depletion?"

I'm perfectly happy with how my network works.  I do, however, want it to keep growing, and this requires more addresses.

The requirement for organizations with thousands (or in some cases millions) of deployed customers to dramatically change how they can associate an IP address with customer ports (or provide remote configuration of said customers' devices) is not an attractive feature.

David Barak
Need Geek Rock? Try The Franchise:
http://www.listentothefranchise.com