ISP/VPN's to China?

ChrisSerafin chris at chrisserafin.com
Wed Oct 21 17:56:35 UTC 2009

I have a client in the US looking to connect up an office in China and
I'm wondering what type of connections are avilable and wether IPSEC
VPNs can be established through the 'Great firewall of China'.

I talked to a China Telcom rep in the US that says that the network
congestion even in China makes VPN's difficult. From their website, I
see that the majority of the country is using xDSL, or 2MB dedicated lines.

Can anyone shed any light on this topic? Thanks!

chris at chrisserafin.com