IPv6 Allocations

Nathan Ward nanog at daork.net
Mon Oct 19 20:25:22 UTC 2009

On 20/10/2009, at 9:01 AM, Esposito, Victor wrote:

> Since there is a lot of conversation about IPv6 flying about, does
> anyone have a document or link to a good high level allocation
> structure
> for v6?
>
> It seems there are 100 different ways to sub allocate the /32, and I
> am
> trying to find a simple but scalable method... .

This discussion has been done a bunch of times.

Here is my scheme, which has been adopted (sometimes with small
modifications) by quite a few providers I have spoken with.
http://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/2009-August/012681.html

Read the whole thread because there was a bit of confusion.

--
Nathan Ward