IPv6 internet broken, cogent/telia/hurricane not peering

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Mon Oct 12 17:47:20 UTC 2009

Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
> On Oct 12, 2009, at 12:52 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
>
>> sure would be nice if there was a diagnosis before the lynching
>
> If this happened in v4, would customers care 'why' it happened?
> Obviously not.

I suspect more NAT will become a better solution than migrating to IPv6
if/when runout becomes a problem because there's just not enough
visibility or providers that take it seriously enough for IPv6 to be a
viable solution. I try to do my part but it's a horrible pain.

> Why should v6 be any different?  It either is or is not production
> ready.  I'm interested in HE's view on that.

As far as HE goes, they're so pro-IPv6 I would be surprised if anything
intentionally bad was going on. I wish more providers had their attitude
towards IPv6.

~Seth