Does Internet Speed Vary by Season?

Dragos Ruiu dr at kyx.net
Sat Oct 10 00:38:19 UTC 2009

On 7-Oct-09, at 11:22 AM, Scott Morris wrote:

> I may be having my wires a little crossed (I'm not an electrical
> engineer) but I was always under the impression that manipulation of
> the
> physical characteristics like that from heat/dampness didn't reduce
> the
> "speed" but the "quality" (like line noise/errors/etc) of the line.

Well, since it's been documented that internet speed / usage varies with
the weather (it gets faster when it's sunny, slower when it rains) I'm
sure some
seasonal correlation could be found.

cheers,
--dr

--
World Security Pros. Cutting Edge Training, Tools, and Techniques
Tokyo, Japan November 4/5 2009  http://pacsec.jp