<Help - Unable to builld a IP-SEC VPN on a Cisco ASA 5520>

John Hodges jhodges at simplexity.com
Wed Oct 7 17:26:06 UTC 2009

I was in ASA class just last week and asked about this exact issue.

I was told that at this time you cannot do the IPSec VPN in Multiple context mode (due to the ASA not being able to keep track of the SA).  This is a software issue that Cisco is working on and has in test at this time.  No timeframe for release though.

-John