BGP or MPLS issue AT&T in New York?

Wallace Keith kwallace at pcconnection.com
Fri Oct 2 20:16:02 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher J. Pilkington [mailto:christopher.j.pilkington at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 4:01 PM
To: nanog at nanog.org
Subject: BGP or MPLS issue AT&T in New York?

Anyone notice anything bizarre with AT&T in New York?  We had our cage
at 811 10th Avenue (advertised by AS7018) unreachable from several
other providers for about 20 minutes, it just recently came back.

At the same time, we lost MPLS service (not link, forwarding across
the cloud) at another site with AT&T.  Both issues resolved
simultaneously.

Just curious...
Chris

In addition to Verizon Business ip issues, we lost an AT&T private line at the same time, but it has come back up. Fiber cut or power somewhere?
This was at 15:17 Eastern..

-Keith