Tishman Neutral Exchange space

Adam Rothschild asr+nanog at latency.net
Wed Nov 25 16:59:32 UTC 2009

On 2009-11-25-09:42:29, Marshall Eubanks <tme at americafree.tv> wrote:
> There is a new carrier neutral exchange space opening up December 1st
> at 165 Halsey in Newark, NJ. This space will be operated by Tishman
> Hotel & Realty LP :
>
> http://www.datacentermap.com/usa/new-jersey/newark/165-halsey.html
>
> I am thinking of moving into there and I would be curious to hear
> feedback from
> anyone with experience in being in a Tishman operated exchange space.

I've not seen the finished product, though I am familiar with its
development.  This is basically an annex of the building's meet-me
area on the 9th floor.

Depending on your specific reach objectives and density, you might
find that a successful deployment in this building hinges on a build
to both the Equinix suite on 8 (which is rich in carriers), and the
MMR 9 (which has fewer carriers, but has some not built out to 8, and
more favorable economics on cross-connection when amortized over a
multi-year term).

I hold a high regard for the building and its landlord as a whole.
Just be careful at night...

-a