Who has AS 1712?

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Tue Nov 24 21:28:50 UTC 2009

 the joys of non-uniqueness.  ULAs are (going to be) your friends. :)

 back in the day, the IANA was pretty careful.  the contractors less so.
 SRI had the "connected" and "unconnected" databases - duplications abounded
 and when interconnection occured... renumbering ensued.

 this is not a new or even recent problem.  It is certainly compounded by
 multiple actors and lack of clean slate.  Yet, I beleive that there will
 be a desire to "do the right thing" and this will get fixed.

 It might even lead to better tools and inter-actor releationships.

 Or it could melt into a pile of goo...

--bill