Who has AS 1712?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Nov 24 01:11:29 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 07:58:00AM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
> > It's not just AS1712.  AS1707 - AS1726 appear to all have been
> > allocated to Renater.  AS1707 was ERX'd to RIPE on Sep 9, 2002, but it
> > appears that AS1708-AS1726 were missed and have subsequently been
> > reallocated by ARIN (between Aug 18 and Aug 21, 2009)
>
> this failure is one of the joys of per-rir trust anchors

	I don't see operators jumping at the idea of central trust anchor
myself, no more than I see everyone ready to sign the root zone.

	I see some gTLD and ccTLD operators ready, but not all gTLD and ccTLD
operators want it signed.  There is perhaps the same issue here.

	Then again, ARIN doesn't say that an allocated resource is actually
usable, they've specifically ducked that one in the past with address
space on blacklists or bogon filters... I am curious to see their response
now.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net